* This post may have affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure.*

Combining 2 outdoor antennas- will I get Interference?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    garsmithYVR
    Participant

Hey Folks,

I am in North Delta and use an outdoor south/west facing RCA Indoor TV Antenna HDTV Amplified Antenna TV Digital HD (AZON011).

I get 21 channels- most from the south in the states and the 2 CTV channels from the North shore transmitter.

One of the CTV channels (17) isn’t as strong. So I plan on adding a second antenna (Fosmon Outdoor) on the other side of the house pointing north at the transmitter and using a splitter to combine both coax signals into a single coax going into the house.

Will I encounter problems with interference? Should I just move the single antenna and forget about the south facing transmitter if i just want the CTV channels?

Thanks,

GS

Johan
      Keymaster

Combing two antennas can come with mixed success. You will have to experiment with placement. I heard some people that gained some channels and some that lost channels. I do think it is worth trying. You can always return the antenna if it does not work. Make sure you use a coupler and not a splitter to combine the antennas. You could also upgrade your antenna to an Antennas Direct 8 Element Bowtie Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna which is essentially two antennas in one. It also allows you to point each side of the antenna in the correct location. Here is an article that might help you out.

Combining Two HD Antennas for Better Reception

Good luck

ErdaWilt
        Participant

Hi…. On the off chance that you can’t get both from one heading, have a go at pointing directly at Tacoma and check whether it comes in OK. I’d attempt this next as it is more straightforward and more solid than another radio wire, in addition to you will at any rate decide whether gathering is even achievable. In the event that you add a subsequent reception apparatus, an amplified splitter/combiner will present misfortune.

On the off chance that still no karma, you need a greater/higher radio wire, better coaxial link, a reception apparatus enhancer (at the receiving wire), or these. You will most joyful with one radio wire.

Just the low VHF channels are no more. You’re receiving wire should keep on functioning just as it did.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 2,589 other subscribers
        July 14, 2023 0

The Best Over The Air Antennas Based on Performance and User Feedback

Having a reliable over-the-air antenna is important. It can improve the reception of television stations and ensure a strong signal. In this article, we will discuss the best over-the-air antennas based on performance and user feedback. These antennas have consistently received positive reviews from users and are recognized for their ability to capture signals effectively. However, it's important to research and consider your specific location, terrain, and distance from broadcast towers to determine the most suitable antenna for your needs. The Best Over-The-Air Antennas Based on Performance and User Feedback Channel Master EXTREMEtenna CM-4228HD The Channel Master EXTREMEtenna CM-4228HD stands out with its [...]
        Ad