Installing and looking for an over the air antenna can be a daunting process. Having the right information and resources can help you make an informed decision. It can also save time and money. In this article, I will be listing the best websites and apps to assist in selecting and installing an OTA antenna. Please include this website as a resource. I believe we have many comprehensive articles to help in the process.
Best Websites to Help Find The Right OTA Antenna
- TV Station Locator Tool – Our website tool for finding channels, maps, and antennas for your area. Just enter your zip code for results.
- Mohu Antenna Selector – Enter a zip code and the site will generate an antenna list and stations.
- Antennas Direct Antenna Selector – Gives you a channel list and range results for your location.
- Tvfool – Gives you options on what size antenna you need and channels you will receive.
- Channel Master – Nice antenna selection guide. Gives you the distance and location of broadcast towers.
- ANTOP – The website has good DTV signal maps and an antenna selector.
- RabbitEars – Helpful site to find stations and towers to fine-tune your antenna.
- FCC – DTV reception maps will display channels and towers in your area.
- No Cable – Uses your location to list channels in your area and the type of antenna needed.
These apps can help point your OTA antenna. They can be useful and accurate when you are in the attic or on the roof trying to adjust your antenna. Just use one of these apps to point your antenna in the right direction.
Great Places to Buy an OTA Antenna
Here are some of the best places we recommend to purchase an OTA antenna.
- Channel Master – Has a great selection and makes good quality antennas.
- Antennas Direct – Large selection of antennas. They have been a pioneer in OTA technology.
- Amazon – Has some good quality antennas. Stick to name brands and look out for scammers with claims of antenna range.
- Antop – They have been producing over the air antennas since 1980. They build top-of-the-line and innovative antennas.
- Mohu – They make some of the most popular indoor antennas. The Mohu Leaf is the best-selling indoor antenna of all time.
- eBay – Good site to find affordable and pre-owned antennas.
Forums can be a helpful place to get technical questions answered. Here are the ones we like.
- Over The Air Digital TV Forum – Our website forum is a place where you can post questions and get help.
- TV Fool Forum – This forum has been around for some time and has lots of helpful information.
- Satellite Guys Forum – Has good participation and information.
- AVS Forum – Has not been updated in a while but has some useful discussions.
- DTV USA Forum – Active forum with good information.
Helpful Articles on this Website
Here is a list of articles that can help with your OTA antenna selection, installation, and troubleshooting.
- How to Choose an OTA Antenna
- How to Split an OTA Antenna Signal to Multiple TV’s
- What Channels Can You Get With Free Broadcast Television
- Eliminate Over The Air Antenna Interference
- How to Record Over The Air TV With a Digital Converter Box / DVR
- How to Improve Poor HD Antenna Reception
- Record Your Favorite Shows With an OTA DVR
- Different Ways to Mount an HD Antenna for the Home
- How to Choose an RV OTA Antenna
- Combining Two HD Antennas for Better Reception
I hope you found this article beneficial. If you have any suggestions or resources you would like to share, please leave a comment below. Thanks.